Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Few of my Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
Brown paper packages tied up with string....

I have a few favorite things lately for which I am very grateful. Life has a way of throwing curve balls sometimes, so it's great to focus on the small and not-so-small blessings in life.

*Anna's Hugs! Anna has the world's best hugs. She will come up to me, climb up on my lap, and give me a huge bear hug around the neck. I absolutely love feeling her small arms showing her unconditional childlike love. I've had lots of yucky days over the last couple of months fighting morning sickness, and Anna has a way of knowing the right moment to give me a hug and ask, "Mommy, ok?" with a sweet look in her eyes. Being a mother is wonderful!

*Zofran--Along those lines of fighting morning sickness, thank heavens for zofran!! I'm 15 weeks along in this pregnancy, but the nausea hit hard right at 6 weeks and has stuck around. I am grateful for zofran saving me from having an extended relationship with the bathroom! On the good days, I actually can get up and get some cleaning and other things done.

*101 Dalmations (aka the "Goggy Movie" and "Mommy's Secret Weapon")

This is Anna's favorite movie, and also mine because it provides me with wonderfully appreciated nap times on the couch! I'm beginning to see an under-lying theme to these favorites of mine...

*A husband who, while he doesn't always understand fully why, as he's not female and never will have the privilige/burden of being pregnant, is very kind and caring and helpful to me when I am not able to handle it all. Dan has willingly, mostly unbegrudgingly..., taken on most of the cooking for me for the last couple months, washed dishes, cleaned bathrooms, and taken Anna out for bonding time letting me rest. So safe to say, he's my favorite!
Oh, and he brings me chocolate, which alone earns huge points! But shh, don't tell him that because I like the extra attention/help. ;)

*Job interviews--no, not for me, but for Dan. We're both frustrated lately with the stinky situation he has at work--dang outsourcing!--and live day to day wondering where the paycheck will be coming from at the end of the summer. So when Dan gets calls and emails requesting interviews, I get very excited! Dan had one interview today after a bit of a dry spell over the last few weeks, and we're really crossing our fingers--wish us luck for good news!

So, some of my thoughts for a rainy day. Or a rainy evening. Or actually a balmy, humid, 81-degree evening with no rain. Mine is the latter, but take your pick!

No comments: