Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturday is a Special Day

It's the day we get ready for Sun-day... Sing it with me!

It's also the day that I get to go out and run errands and let Anna have some Daddy-time while I get some much appreciated Me-time. Who knew that shopping could still be fun? Don't get me wrong--I love Anna, and I love going out with her. But I am limited in what I can actually do with my adventurous little explorer on my hands who wants to race wildly around a store. I'm a little bit more adventurous in venturing out when Dan is present and can be the follower/chaser/keeper of Anna so I don't have to waddle after her in my ever-growing pregnant state.

So today was a great day. I went and got a haircut and highlights and am feeling slightly less frumpy--and I have straightened hair for the next 2 days that I didn't have to attempt to straighten on my own! Thank goodness for a patient stylist who blew dry my hair for me. I just have no patience for that kind of thing in the summer humidity here. I've just been a scrunch-and-go girl this summer.

Then I hit up Joann's for their Labor Day sale and stocked up on fabric and supplies to keep me plenty busy up until the baby is born. I'm having a lot of fun buying adorable blue baby things and planning out blankets and little sleepers for our little guy. Kind of a fun change after everything pink and purple. And I found some very nice material for the diaper bag I'm going to attempt to make. I've discovered this wonderful online world of tutorials and patterns for all kinds of things and have had a fun time sewing this summer. This is the bag that I'm planning on making in the next week or two. Sounds like a good project for during Dan's business trip in a couple weeks (if I don't get to before then).

I guess also of note would have to be that Dan had a good Saturday also. After his trusty computer monitor bit the dust last night, he did some obligatory online research last night and this morning, and then made his way over to Best Buy to bring home his new baby--one 28" (27.5" viewable to be specific, he informs me) Widescreen Multi Function Computer Monitor. Can connect to computer, dvd player, gaming systems. Wonderful resolution, the works. Dan is in heaven right now! Sheesh, the thing is bigger than our tv! I guess I will never fully understand the need for huge computer screens and resolution and whatnot. But Dan goes all googly-eyed at those, much the same way that I get excited walking through a piano store looking at all the beautiful pianos. And he never fully understands my love for those either.
Anyway, I gave in for this purchase, with the promise that now we won't be considering any new tv for a long time--so our old Magnavox box set is going to just have to survive through all this February 2009 talk of needing HD-compatible tv's. Eh, we've got dish for now anyway, so it really doesn't affect us too badly.

Now I'm just putting some finishing touches on my young women lesson for tomorrow. All in all a good productive day!

1 comment:

aubrie said...

I had to laugh at the computer monitor part. That sounds exactly like Corey, and I can't tell you how many times I've talked him out of getting a huge monitor like that, too!