Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"In the Leafy Treetops"

Anna style! We sing this fun primary song frequently at home. It's just such a happy, cheery song, and I love hearing Anna's cute little voice singing the words that I learned when I was her age. After a while, I started listening to her words a little more closely...

(Verse 2)
Anna: In my pretty garden the flowers are naughty...
"How do you do?" they say, "How do you do today?"
In my pretty garden the flowers are naughty!

Me: Oh no! The flowers are "naughty"?

Anna: (thinking for a minute) Yeah, they were naughty

Me: Why are they naughty? What did they do?

Anna: Umm, maybe they didn't listen to their mommy. And they were mean to their brother. And they're not sharing.

Man, I hope those flowers turn it around soon. They might have to go to time out or something... I love cute little kids and the way they think and process!


In the Leafy Treetops

"In the leafy treetops the birds sing, 'Good Morning!'
They're first to see the sun, they must tell everyone
In the leafy treetops the birds sing, 'Good Morning!'

In my pretty garden the flowers are nodding
'How do you do?' they say, 'How do you do today?'
In my pretty garden the flowers are nodding."

2 comments:

Jenn's Mommy Days said...

That is so cute! I love it!

Tara said...

That is way too cute!