Thursday, July 17, 2008

My new secret weapon


Anna is almost two, and I thought by now she would be outgrowing her fear of the vacuum cleaner. But lately it's seeming to be even greater. Yesterday I pulled the vacuum out to clean the living room, hall, and dining room carpets. Anna saw what I was doing, got the deer-in-the-headlights look, said, "Bye, mommy, play!" and ran into her room and pulled the door closed. She played by herself for a full 25 minutes before coming to find me! So today I tested the waters again to see what she would do by casually mentioning the vacuum. She repeated the same thing, closed her door and played for a half hour while I vacuumed the kitchen and had a little free time. Hmm, I'm thinking I have a new favorite chore! It's great to know that Anna will entertain herself, and I can have a brief break from her constant bouncing-on-mommy life. :)

No comments: