Thursday, July 17, 2008

An Offer!

We have an offer! A job offer that is. Or I should say Dan has an offer. I won't be the one to go and work--I don't think I could pass the technical skills off that they require. ;) But really, it's an offer for us considering how it affects both of us. But I digress...

Dan got a job offer yesterday! After a few months of worry, limbo waiting period, and stress not helping my pregnancy blood pressure levels much, all of Dan's interviewing and sending out resumes paid off! We've both been very worried about where we'd be next month when his job ended. Today has been a wonderful relief for both of us--we've been walking around with huge grins on our faces feeling like we can conquer the world. This job is really wonderful for Dan, since it will allow him to move from doing solely IT work over into actual programming. He's wanted to be a developer/programmer for so long, but his work experience has always lent itself well to computer support jobs and then more IT jobs. I'm so thrilled for him that he can use this to jump off into the niche he's always hoped to break into with his computer science background.

We'll be able to stay put here in Houston--the only big change will be that he will have to figure out a job commute into downtown. I guess after living here for a year it's about time we started to actually explore the city where we live. I've created my own little bubble on our side of town since Dan's job has let him work only a short distance from our apartment. So it's time, and I can't think of a better reason to get to know Houston better! We're just so happy and excited at our happy news!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Congratulations on the job offer! That is awesome! I'm so glad you like your home space :) it's nice to feel settled and not worry about WHERE you're going to be and HOW you're going to live. I hope it's a great blessing for your whole family! And congratulations on your new baby!

Jenni said...

Congrats on the new job!

Bernice Madsen said...

Hey Liz, I found your blog from Stephanie's and thought I'd say hi. Your daughter is soooo cute! Congrats on the job! :o)

Lindsey said...

That's so exciting Liz! I'm excited to find your blog because your brother is slacker and doesn't ever get the kind of details I want whenever he does talk to you... which is few and far between!