Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Under Water for the last 5 days

At least that's what it feels like. I went to the doctor finally on Monday night when I couldn't stand the pressure and stabbing pain anymore, and they said I have ear infections (otitis externa for the proper name) or swimmer's ear. Lovely. I was hoping that after a day and a half of antibiotics I'd be better than I am right now. Hopefully soon! On the plus side, I feel next to no guilt now when I let David fuss in his bed in order to fall asleep since I can't hear it from downstairs. Maybe that just makes me a bad mom. Come on antibiotics, do your thing! I've got plans this weekend and I want to enjoy it!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I hate that feeling! I had the same thing a bit ago and it lasted forever. I never went to the doctor so I was waiting for it to clear up on it's own. I always hated saying "What? I can't hear you!" over and over. Such a pain. I hope that your antibiotics will do the trick.

Katy said...

Ouch! I don't remember having any ear infections (knock on wood) but Ryann's had her share and it seems so painful. I hope the medicine kicks in soon!