Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hurricane Season



Don't you just love hurricane season? We're staring down the barrel of Hurricane Ike in the next couple of days. We've been anxiously watching the weather/news to see where the forecasts are, and they've gradually moved north until we are now staring down the center of the "cone of death". Looks like we're in for some big storming if this keeps up--eesh. Either this has been one hopping tropical storm season, or last year was really dull, because we've had a lot more storms to watch this summer! Dan is supposed to be flying out on Sunday for a business trip to Atlanta.... we're not quite sure how that one will play out now. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out. But I must say, I miss my mountain home that protected me from major storms and tornadoes! Admittedly, ever since we moved there when I was 9, I heard about how we were living on a huge fault line for a huge earthquake, but I digress. Depending on how the storm plays out, we might take a little drive over to San Antonio and pay Uncle Mike and Aunt Dena a visit. But in the meantime, we're keeping the car's gas tank full, buying more propane for the barbecue, and making sure we're well stocked on batteries, candles, and water. Nothing like living here to help me feel the necessity of a good 72-hour kit!

6 comments:

McKenzie said...

Don't forget that our doors are always open as well! We have plenty of room for you! Who needs family, come hang out with your MBR friend, haha! j/k. But really, it would be so fun to get together, think of all th crafty things we could do while the girls play....

Jenni said...

Stay safe! Hurricanes are no fun! I know.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

We'll be watching the weather closely this weekend with you in mind. Mary over in Dallas was commenting on Ike as well. Lots of family in Texas right now. Does my heart proud....me being a Texan by birth and all.

Sarah@The Best Stuff said...

Oh, I was also going to mention...my Mom is flying out to see Mary and her new baby this Sunday. Hmmm. She, like Dan, may end up with some flight issues.

Ashlee said...

Liz, I found your blog through Tammy and Greg and I thought that I would say hi. Anna is so so so big. I can't believe how time flies. Good Luck with the storms. You look great. Congrats on the soon-to-be new baby. I loved the video of Anna singing. She is just like her mommy it sounds like. Oh and you are so crafty. I have got to get the pattern for that messenger diaper bag. Hope you are well
ashlee krebs (remember from BYU 123 ward)

Katie said...

The hurricane is over now and it hit Houston pretty good. How did you fare? What did you do? Did you hunker down and ride it out or did you head to San Antonio like you thought you might. I am very curious to hear what happened.
Katie (cousin)